- Feeling him move all of the time
- When David can feel him move
- When we both see him moving from the outside
- That I have felt great *so far*
- That it's summer and I can wear sandals, skirts and tank tops
- That my belly is finally big enough where I look pregnant and not puffy
- When people tell me how awesome having kids is
- When I wake up in the middle of the night to pee 3-times and think funny thoughts like "could I get struck by lightning sitting this close to the window?", or "I should tell Dave I left the laptop by the bay window and it got all wet", or even better, that thinking my bladder is the size of Niagara Falls!
- Having my buddy with me 24x7
- Loving being pregnant, but being so excited to meet him (in due time of course!)
What I STRONGLY Dislike:
- When people treat me as though I'm handicapped. I'm quite capable of knowing when enough is enough, or something is too heavy, etc. But people seriously drive me nuts when they're always telling me to "take it easy". I know these comments are said as terms of endearment and signs of love...but KNOCK IT OFF!
- When people respond to me being due in September with "Oh, you're going to be pregnant all summer...that sucks". Really? Why? I get that the heat could be uncomfortable, but A.) you don't work at Progressive. They keep that place as cold as casinos in Las Vegas. To the point that I hesitate putting my turtlenecks away in the summer and always have a cardigan on hand, and B.) You must not know that David is a human furnace and turns the air conditioning on whenever it is mildly humid or might hit the high 70's. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. Heat is not an issue. I love heat. I love the summer. Bring it on!
- When people tell me, as though we jumped into pregnancy completely blind, that "having a baby will rock your world" or "turn it upside down" or "you just have no idea how much it will change your life" or "you will be exhausted"...etc...etc. Really? You've got to be kidding me! You mean after being a babysitter for ump-teen years and having 10 nieces and nephews, I had no idea that there might be sleepless nights, temper tantrums, and other physically and emotionally draining moments. Thank you SO MUCH for the heads up. You are such a genius.
- When people ask if it's my first. I can't really dislike anyone for that. It's an innocent question. It just makes me feel awkward no matter which way I answer it.

No comments:
Post a Comment