I cannot believe we have almost been her for THREE weeks. It still feels like we're house sitting. I know it's going to take a while until our house feels like home, and walking in everyday doesn't feel like a novelty.
It is just so fun to watch Danny. I mean truly. He is just in heaven, and since he is the greatest joy of our lives, seeing him smile and play, is the best. We run in circles. We play "peek a boo". And we are enjoying family dinners at the table with just the three of us. Dannny is doing marvelous. He is sleeping through the night. He seems to be on a great routine and a schedule. A lot probably has to do with the fact that he is getting older, and is so busy at school, that when he comes home..we play hard, and he crashes.
I have to get some video of him dancing. It's just the sweetest thing you've ever seen. Of course, I'm bias, but he wiggles and bobs his head, and those dimples! Oh my goodness, I just want to squeeze them right off his face! Dave always looks at me like I'm nuts when I say, "Don't you just want to eat him? I could just fry him up and eat him like a sandwich".
We have lots of ideas on what we would like to do to the house...furniture, drapes, blinds, decorations, blah blah $$$$$$ blah. Notice the $$$$$$. Fortunately, we have a lot of time to make decisions and prioritize our to-do list. It's all so exciting! And overwhelming. But mostly exciting! The only hindrance to some of the time it will take to make these purchases, is that it will be hard for me to commit to where on the walls I will want to put holes so I can start hanging some pictures. Of course, these are family photos! Something I just love completely, and now I will have the wall space to make pretty collages of them.
My daily commute to work is a little longer. This isn't the end of the world. The Mom in me has transitioned more of my daycare dropoff duties to David so that I can get to work quicker and home earlier. This is hurting the most, so we'll need to find a better balance. I love to take him to school or pick him up and stay in touch with the "girls" that love on him all day long. The practical person in me thinks of the extra miles on the car and the cost of gas. And how much I DREAD the hill on Mayfield Road between Chesterland and Gates Mills. This is a white knuckle hill. But the social part of me loves the extra phone time in the car! I can actually have a conversation. When I get home, I'm home, and Danny is #1, so this is my time to gab with the girls.
Everyday is a new adventure right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment