I am behind on birthday gifts. My sisters in July (there's a good reason...), the twins in September, and Brendan's from early November. Fortunately, I have them all...they just need to be distributed...before I get behind again.
I don't talk to my friends enough on the phone. I live in a basement that does not have reception. This means, that the extent of my phone calls is limited mostly to my drives to and from work (about 15-min each way). Especially for those friends that are not local and I need my cellphone plan for the long distance.
I don't care who you are, do not, under any circumstance, talk to my son while he is in his highchair and remotely interested in food. I know I joke that he's my little chubster, but the kid does not eat. To the point that his daycare comments on it! And if he is mildly interested in his food, and you distract him, just know that in my head, you've been tackled and beaten to a pulp.
I love that Danny dances. He wiggles to his favorite Baby Einstein songs and gets so excited at some of the images. Baby Galileo is his favorite DVD.
For anyone out there that thought that Baby Einstein would make your kids smarter and are on the bandwagon of getting money back for your DVD's...you're an idiot. And while I don't think Baby Einstein will make Danny a candidate for Mensa, I do know that it captivates his attention and watching a video about words, numbers, and animals isn't going to make him any less intelligent.
One of my favorite routines with him is before and after his bath, we listen to music (Q104 of course). He really gets a kick out of this...and we dance, and I'm sure I look like a goofball, but his smiles are the best.
When I'm really tired, in the middle of the night, I have a horrible habit of waking Dave up. Either by sitting straight up like a rocket and talking to him, only to go "never mind" and fall back asleep, or last night, I grabbed his face. At least I said sorry. Good thing I did...because he seemed kind of mad about it! Of course, I never remember doing this until he tells me in the morning, and then I can't stop laughing. About two months ago, I woke up convinced there was a giant white boa constrictor on his dresser, and even though I realized I was dreaming and said "never mind", he still made me look under the bed with a flashlight. Have I ever mentioned how much he doesn't like snakes?
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Family, food and fun...that doesn't involve finding the "perfect gift".
I'm ready to sell my dog on eBay. I love him to death, but he is under our feet in the kitchen ALL THE TIME.
Dave's mom might be the smallest and most petite person on earth, but she sounds like an elephant when she goes up and down stairs or walks in the kitchen. This is especially noticeable at night. Thank goodness I can tease her about it :)
Lots of things annoy me.
I don't like poker. I don't get the hype and I just don't think it's fun.
I don't like the TV on while eating dinner. I think this is one of those rules my mom had that I thought was annoying, but I totally get it now.
I love my job. It stresses me out and makes me go all "banana hannah" sometimes, but I figure that's got to better then being bored and hating my job. Who knew Office Supplies and Copiers would be so fulfilling?
Sometimes I'm surprised I'm not on blood pressure medication. Counting my blessings that it's always good whenever it's checked. According to my husband, I can afford to "take it down a notch". If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is. Get in a car with him for 10-minutes and we'll see who needs to take a chill pill.
I'm still waiting for "Bridget" arms. Where are they? I've been lugging this little boy around for 14-months, and I still have flabby bat wings. If you don't know Bridget, she had Michelle Obama arms before you even knew who Michelle Obama was. And I'm jealous. "Bridget arms" define perfection.
More to come....
Our Bedroom UNmakeover, Makeover. {Removing Wallpaper}
-
Removing wallpaper, fixing drywall damage and more main bedroom projects.
For a second, I thought maybe this bedroom project was going to be E.A.S.Y.
But I...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment