We had a good appointment today. Unfortunately we had to wait almost an hour. This is a disadvantage with our new doctor. She's popular. I scheduled her first appointment of the day for our next one in April. Hopefully this means it will start on time.
We heard the heartbeat today. It took a few minutes (literally) for her to find it which was stressful. While she was looking, we at least heard that "swoosh" noise of the baby moving around. I was ready to break out the ultrasound machine that was next to me. I was able to record this baby's heartbeat on my phone too. I have Angela's recorded and saved.
I have gained four pounds. I don't believe this to be true because I barely eat! And, the other day I was down two pounds! Well, I need figure this out because I'm in a wedding in three weeks!!!! As I'm typing this, I look like I have a fat gut. Maybe I did gain weight. Crap!!!
Next Tuesday is our NT scan. And all the other results from last weeks testing should be in by the end of next week. Telling the family in only a matter of days!! That will be fun.
I asked the doctor about my headaches. She said that 1) I need to eat and 2) I need to drink. And that by the time I'm thirsty, it's already too late, and the headache might kick in. So, I'll be drinking more water starting tomorrow. I thought I was already drinking enough. A side from chocolate milk (low fat) and gingerale, it's all I drink!
Oh, and the other dumb question I asked her was if I could use a tanning lotion before Jen's wedding so that I'm not the pasty white girl. She said I could, but didn't really seem keen on it. She just said I should make sure it's ok or read the ingredients. So I asked her if there was one she recommended, and she said "No." Dave thought that was so funny because my doctor is "brown" as my co-worker Bridget would say (Brig is brown too!), so why would she recommend a self-tanner. Well, my response to him is that I'm sure she has a rainbow of patients, and I'm a pasty girl! I can't fancy I'm the first person that has ever asked this question in the history of the world. Bridget will get a chuckle out of this one when I can finally tell her.
So that's that. I'll try to figure out how to post the heartbeat video/audio.
Two of our three March appointments are over. Looking forward to wrapping up early next week and then letting the good news flow!
A HUGE Nine Year Before and After Home Tour!
-
Nine year before and after home tour {SO many DIYs!}
It has been NINE years of fun do-it-yourself projects and decor in our
home! If you're a long time fo...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment