Wow. It's been a really long time between posts.
I celebrated my 30th birthday on March 28th! That was a lot of fun. We had a little get together at Marinko's Saturday the 29th that David organized and it was so great to have our families and friends there.
Last weekend, one of my best friends, Jenny, got married. I was the matron of honor, and had an absolute blast. By the time Sunday morning rolled around, I felt like I had been through a grinder and/or ran a marathon. Kind of pathetic. I was up Saturday at 6:30 AM and didn't get home until 1:30 AM. I felt like the Energizer Bunny. Every muscle in my body was sore. It was ridiculous. My shoulders hurt the most though from wearing a strapless dress. I was so afraid of slouching while standing next to Jen at the altar or in all of the pictures, and now I'm paying for it.
As for the monkey in my belly, he's doing great. I feel great, and I'm finally caught up on the lost sleep from the weekend. My mom told me to stop dancing and to sit while I was at the reception, but I ignored her and danced the night away while sucking down one water after another. It was so much fun and worth being tuckered out. I'm so jealous that Jen is in the Bahamas now.
I'm in the second trimester now. That's good. I guess that starts around week 14. Today I'm 15weeks and 1day.
I still don't have a huge appetite, but I eat. Dave likes to remind me that "the boy" needs protein. Whatever. Cheez-Its are good too. He's seems to be growing via my love handles instead of my belly. That's annoying. But hey, if he's growing, and comfortable, I'll take it.
Since we've been telling a few more people, we've received some really nice cards and emails. Lots of love is coming our way, and offers for prayers. We're taking them. Never will you hear the Shafer's turn down a prayer. That's one of the advantages of telling people. After the excitement and congratulations, people immediately tell us they'll keep us in they're prayers.
I found a really funny link on my babycenter.com website. I haven't been too diligent about adding the food comparisons, but they have a cute picture slideshow that compares all the weeks of a pregnancy to a size of a quarter. Check it out.
http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size
This might default to the size of an apple picture, because that's how big he is this week. But, click the first picture that compares a poppy seed to a quarter. It's really a fun little illustration.
OK. I'm off to watch American Idol and put the laundry in the dryer. Fun stuff. I'll get back to posting more regularly. Our next appointment is on Thursday, so hopefully everything will continue to be fantastic.
One last thing. The week 14 information says that "His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth". How can he keep peeing in the fluid that he's growing in. I've got to ask my doctor about that. It's kind of gross, but really interesting. Did you know that?
A HUGE Nine Year Before and After Home Tour!
-
Nine year before and after home tour {SO many DIYs!}
It has been NINE years of fun do-it-yourself projects and decor in our
home! If you're a long time fo...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment