Friday, December 5, 2008

A Prayer For My Friend

Yesterday, my dear friend was told she had suffered a second miscarriage. The news just broke my heart. She and her husband are going to make the best parents. I say that as a fact because I know they will have a family someday.

I just don't understand God's plans sometimes and I'm not sure I ever will.

My brother gave me a book after our loss titled "When Bad Things Happen To Good People". He put a beautiful inscription in the book for us, and I remember trying to read it. I struggled to get past the first few pages. Maybe it was too soon to try to understand? I've learned it will never be too soon, because I've never understood.

My friend and her husband are beyond "Good People", they are the best. No one deserves bad things, but it is especially painful when you know how huge their heart is and how ready they are to share that love with a child.

Please say a prayer for my friend and her husband. That they get through this second loss and keep faith in their dreams for a family.

No comments: