Tuesday, April 21, 2009

That's How I Roll...



When I was in college at Ohio University, one of my favorite professors, Dr. David Chappell, told a story about a toilet paper case study that he had reviewed. I don't know if it was a Harvard Business Review or what, but to this day, every time I use the restroom, I think about it. And if the bathroom I'm using has the toilet paper facing the wrong direction, it irritates me. I'll go as far as correcting it when I'm at someones house...but not when I'm in a public restroom. When I'm at work, I often think that if our cleaning people were educated on the matter, we might just save $1,000's each year in toilet paper.

How you put your toilet paper on the roll determines just how much you'll use. Last night I decided it was time to pay it forward and share the knowledge, so I tried to Google the case study. I couldn't find the one that Dr. Chappell shared, but this link will give you the jist of the study.

Toilet Paper Study

You have officially been educated on the correct toilet paper installation method. Now go and fix your bathroom!

Some additional images have been provided for your viewing pleasure.




No comments: