Wednesday, September 24, 2008

5-days & Counting + 5-Annoying Comments/Questions

First let me just say, I'm still feeling really good. Once in a while he literally gets on my nerves. Or I have the sensation that he is pinching my bladder with sharp finger nails. Random, I know.

As much as I want him to be a few days late to accommodate my holiday schedule, I am anxious to meet his little face. I actually jump up and down to try and break my water. I'm sure I look and sound like a giant elephant. Don't care.

I actually wanted to cry last night because he was moving around so much and I just wanted to meet him. I've got NOTHING in the way of contractions. NOTHING. I have an appointment tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.


5-annoying elements of being due in 5-days.

Granted, this is all out of love. And some of the regular offenders are our family. It's just surprising how many random comments we do get.

  1. Whenever I call anyone, and they are immediately disappointed when I start the conversation with "No baby" and then move onto whatever I have called for.
  2. People that call me and say, "Baby?"
  3. People that come up to me at work and say "You're still here?" and sound exasperated. First of all, this really irritates me because I'm a freaking happy person and not a miserable sloth. I smile everyday, and even if I feel like crap, I tell people that I feel fabulous.
  4. All walks of life that ask me if I will go back to work. Unless we win the lottery and or I come up with a million dollar idea, this isn't an option. Plus, I'm not sure I have the right personality. If I want to be honest, I don't think I could hack it. I think Stay at home moms have it way harder. Of course, I'm entitled to change my mind on the possibility of wanting to stay at home, but again, that's where the lottery would influence my decision.
  5. People that ask me when my last day of work is. My last day is when I don't show up because I gave birth. Again, I feel great. Why would I short change myself on the backend just to take a few days off beforehand.

That's all for now.

No comments: