Sunday, September 21, 2008

8-Days & Counting

Wow. Can you believe it? Only 8-days until this little man is due to arrive. I really shouldn't say he is little. I'm feeling pretty huge. Especially in the face. But whatever. That just a small price to pay for such an awesome last few months.

I'm generally feeling really good. Only every once in a while does the monkey literally "get on my nerves" and I need to have a seat.

Everyday I wake up wondering, will today be his birthday? I had an appointment last Thursday, the 18th. Nothing new. Still no progress. According to my doctor, he is enjoying his "jacuzzi".

Today I woke up panicked. I must have gotten up last night 12-times to go to the bathroom, and it occurred to me that I hadn't felt him move. Usually, when I get up, I feel his hands or feet moving around when I roll over to my side. But this morning it hit me so suddenly that I hadn't felt him I sat up like a rocket. Dave asked if everything was ok, and I told him, "I don't feel him. And I can't remember the last time I felt him". I chugged a glass of OJ and laid back down. Nothing. I jiggled my stomach and bounced around, and was like "damn it wake up!". Still nothing. So I ran upstairs and grabbed my doppler. This allows you to hear the heartbeat. I squirt the stuff on my belly, turned on the doppler, and there he was. Just sleeping. Usually, when he's sleeping like that, I can see him breathing when I lift up my shirt. His little butt rises and falls in a steady motion. That has been the most panicked I have felt this whole pregnancy. I was ready to call my doctor and tell her that I wanted him out, and now. I wonder if that would work? Doubt it.

Now, after lunch and a few mini-snickers bars, this kid is his active self again. In fact, he is jutting out of me enough to keep knocking into the keyboard. I am loving it. Keep it up little man! How about you knock into my water and break it so we can finally see you!

I imagine that this is just the beginning of the panic feelings. That going forward, I'll have a million other moments during his lifetime when I have minor heart attacks.

We have a big pot of chili brewing. Dave made it extra spicy. I think he's hoping the kid will kick his way out afterwards :) We shall see. There are few people that think he will make his appearance tomorrow....I'm anxious to find out.

No comments: