Sunday, May 18, 2008

Busy Busy..

So in my other blog, I was talking about how we've been busy lately. All good stuff. Cleaning the house, getting ready for baby, etc.

Now that we've hit some pretty big milestones in our pregnancy, I've been looking at what to register for. I've been reading a GREAT book called Baby Bargains. My favorite part of each chapter is the section on "waste of money". I love this! I feel like the baby market has so much stuff that you don't need! There is just SO MUCH stuff out there to consider, and I want to know what's fluff. The reason I love this book is because it's based on a lot of reviews. They rate products and brands and include parent feedback. They make some great suggestions too.

So, I'm reading the book, and making our tentative lists. It's fun, but stressful. It's like I'm trying to do 8-billion things at once. So, some of my best Baby Bargain reading is done while Dave drives us over to the west side :) Pathetic, I know.

I'm also trying to finish the baby blanket I started in February. This is coming a long very nicely, but is taking FOREVER courtesy of the thin yarn that I picked. Hopefully, that will be done soon. I made a lot of progress on my long flights to California. I also work on it when we watch TV. That seems to help my multitasking skills.

I'm still feeling great, which we are thrilled about. The baby is moving constantly, and Dave has felt him a few times over the last week. The only thing that has come up over the last few weeks is either acid reflux or heartburn. Not sure which is which, but it seems to happen daily. Fortunately, Tums are already a part of my daily diet for the calcium benefit, so now they're pulling double duty. No complaints though. It's just weird.

I know it's an old wives tale that heartburn is a sign of the baby having a full head of hair. I had some heartburn with Angela too, and she had a lot of hair for being such a peanut. So, maybe this will be true for Danny too. Hair or no hair, we'll take him :)

No comments: