Monday, May 12, 2008

Wow. It's been a while since my last post. Well, I was in California all of last week (Mon-Fri). Unfortunately, the weather was not gorgeous. It was grey and gloomy, and kind of chilly. I had a conference in Newport Beach. Very pretty place. I'll post some pictures when I get around to unloading them.

Dave came out there with me, and we had a nice time together. I think he was disappointed about the weather too, but we made the most of it.

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I'm not going to pretend that it was a good day, but I won't elaborate on it either. The absolute BEST thing about yesterday was loafing on the couch with Dave. For the last few weeks, I have been grabbing David's hand and putting it on my stomach..convinced that he would feel Monkey doing somersaults. Yesterday, the baby was doing a full cardio routine of jumping jacks, cartwheels, and flips. And much to my delight, Dave felt the baby. It was so fun to see his face. I could feel the baby, and then Dave felt him and looked at me startled. And we just started laughing. Danny kicked a few more times and then went back to sleep.

That was the best. A blessing in disguise. I do think it was Angela cheering me up. I think she advised her brother to give me a swift kick, hard enough for Dave to feel, and knock me to my senses...and experience the joy of David's reaction.

One more thing...today is the half-way point! I am 20-weeks...or 5-months :) 20-more weeks...and we will be delighted to meet our boy.

1 comment:

Charles said...

I do wish you would have told me you were heading to 'the OC'.. I only used to LIVE there for 12 years!!! I'll give ya a call today, if you're in.

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate.