I swear, I'm not a total slacker! I've got a few ideas to blog about. I really need to post happy thoughts much quicker after a sobering post like "Bittersweet". What I need to do is add some darn pictures. Danny is growing in leaps and bounds. I've packed away all of the 0-3 months, and he's busting out of some of the 6-months...so I've actually got him in a few 9-month pieces. Yikes!
Tomorrow he is officially 4-months to the day, but on Saturday, he'll be 18-weeks. Annoying math and hard to keep track of. We have his 4-month appointment Friday afternoon. This will include some shots. I rescheduled it from a Tuesday after work to a Friday after work just in case we're in for a long night. He has done well so far, but you never know when the tides will change.
I know I've mentioned that Danny has discovered his hands. Yesterday, he discovered his bottom lip. All day he kept sucking on it. He looked like he was sucking lemons. It was really funny. My nephew Jack used to do that too...but he did it so much he would have this red chapped mark under his lip...hopefully Danny won't go bananas.
He still wants NOTHING to do with the rice cereal when fed by spoon. So we're slipping into his bottle to fill his belly at night. He seems to be adjusting well. I'm going to ask the doctor on Friday when I can try to introduce something new. I mean come on, rice cereal sounds disgusting.
Last but not least on the Danny front, he is starting to laugh. I bust my ass trying to get the kid to give me his big dimple grins. Sometimes, he does them so easily, other times, I have to act like a complete idiot to get one. But it's so worth it. I also find myself singing the dumbest made up songs. And lately, I've been singing him songs from the SOUND OF MUSIC. "Doe a Deer..." never gets old. Making up lyrics is quite a hoot. For example, I couldn't remember the words to "twinkle twinkle little star", so instead of looking them up, "like a diamond in the sky" became "like a castle in the sky". Close enough, right?
More pictures coming soon. Dave got some good ones of him in the bath yesterday. He was so serious.
A HUGE Nine Year Before and After Home Tour!
-
Nine year before and after home tour {SO many DIYs!}
It has been NINE years of fun do-it-yourself projects and decor in our
home! If you're a long time fo...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment