Last week was a week that I certainly hope we don't have a repeat of. It all started on Saturday when I went to use the water dispenser from the fridge, and the lever completely snapped off. This required a "Hey Dave, you might want to come here". So, he ordered the replacement part, and that was that.
Sunday, I went to move something into Dave's work room when I noticed a wet spot on the carpet. My initial reaction was that Freddy had an accident. He has NEVER peed in the house, so as upset as I would have been, I would have been more concerned then anything. So, I stick my nose close, and know it's not pee. I confirm with a paper towel. Water. Water! Where the hell did it come from? It was like this island of wet carpet. Oh crap...so again, I call for David "Hey Dave, you might want to come down here..." Two days in a row, this is not good. Dave proceeds to investigate, and with the help of his dad, they determine it's the water heater. Awesome. Not to mention, that Danny is sick with a cold and congestion, and we had to go to the doctor.
Monday, the water heater was replaced. Well, I guess it could be worse, if the water heater had been purchased within the last 20-years, but nope, it was from 1981. Not a bad run for a water heater.
Tuesday, Dave gets home before me with Danny. I walked into a $hit storm. My husband, God love him, is cursing like a sailor. Finally I ask, what is the problem? The furnace is broken. You're kidding right? No. He is convinced he's not flipping a switch somewhere because the pilot is still lit. What the heck? More cursing. And more cursing. And more cursing. Lot's of superlatives. Dave calls a company, and they can come out and look at it between 7-9pm. Fortunately, my in-laws were coming over because Dave and I had something that night.
We get home from our evening out to find out that yes, our furnace from 1988 needed to be fixed or replaced. Because of the age, we are better off replacing. The switch Dave couldn't find, is a safety switch that was "tripped" because of Carbon Monoxide. So, the kind furnace guy did a temporary fix, told us to buy a CO2 detector, and he would come back on Thursday to fix/replace.
We had a CO2 detector, but it was in the drawer. Good place for it, huh? After it had acted up in the summer, randomly beeping when the furnace wasn't on (and it wasn't the battery), we put it on list of things to buy before baby. Let's just say that the special man I call Husband was tasked with replacing the detector. Very quickly on Tuesday night he shot me the look of "OMG, I'll get one tomorrow." We are the proud owners of a new CO2 detector that has all the bells and whistles.
Fortunately, as much as replacing the furnace SUCKED, we were both beyond grateful for the safety switch. We would both rather part with the money then our lives, and more importantly Danny's. Enough said.
Danny stayed home sick all week. I caught his cold. Dave and I were both grumpy and tired and relieved for the weekend.
Praying that next week is better and less expensive!
A HUGE Nine Year Before and After Home Tour!
-
Nine year before and after home tour {SO many DIYs!}
It has been NINE years of fun do-it-yourself projects and decor in our
home! If you're a long time fo...
1 week ago

1 comment:
Oh my goodness! When it rains, it pours! We just did the water heater thing back in September.
Post a Comment