It was a rough morning. I really did cry a lot, but I was prepared. I wore my glasses and zero make-up. I looked like shit and I didn't pretend not to. I also knew that I only had a few meetings today and they were informal.
The thing is, where he's going is great. He seemed to do very well today. He took his bottles, played in the swing, all good stuff. He didn't nap super well which is why he's been zonked out since 6:30...Is this how it's going to be? Spend an hour in the morning with him while I rush to feed him, dress him and make sure I have the daily supplies (milk post-its will be going up!) only to get home and have another hour or so with him before he crashes? If that's the way it's going to be, that SUCKS!
My kid is a hoot though. He looked shell shocked when I brought him in today. He just looked at me with this exhausted glazed look on his face. It wasn't until I changed his diaper, that he returned to the "Mun-kin" I know and love. I think his favorite place in his room is on his changing table. When we change him now, we give him an extra minute to "air out" (if you know what I mean) and he just kicks his legs like a wild man all the while giving this huge smile. It's fantastic.
Hopefully tomorrow I won't cry. No promises.
Tonight we set up his new Rainforest Jumper, and I'm so excited for him to try it out! Hopefully, we'll have time to tomorrow night. Dave wasn't too thrilled about this toy since it's HUGE and we really don't have a lot of floor space. I'm hoping the joy it brings to Danny (and us) will be well worth it. It really is huge.


No comments:
Post a Comment