Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Think Freddy Knows

I am so excited for our first appointment. I will feel so reassured when I see the baby on the monitor. I know we have a long haul, and that nothing is guaranteed, but I just have to be positive.

I feel great. I'm exercising and being pretty good about food. Although I've determined that no more Skyline Chili for me. This baby does not like spicy food :) I know it's ridiculous to think I would even notice something like this already, hell, according to my stats I'm only 5W6D, I swear, the baby is screaming "STOP!"

I ate Skyline on Friday when I went out to lunch with some friends, and then I had to run Friday afterwork to meet my weekly challenge goals. I thought flames were going to burst through my chest! But, I pushed through it and I finished. I've never had that kind of heartburn before. Yikes!

Last time I was pregnant, my sense of smell was on warp speed. Well, it's happened again. I swear, I can smell EVERYTHING. It's crazy how sensitive it's become. Especially at work. If someone heats something up in the microwave, I can smell it at my desk. GROSS. Last March, a group I sat near was celebrating Spring and boiled hotdogs in a crock pot right by where I sat. OMG, I thought I was going to be sick all day. It was torture!

I think Freddy knows this time. (Freddy is our dog). I've read in books that animals sense pregnancy. That a pregnant woman puts off hormones. Well, last time, Freddy must have known it was not going well, because he didn't sense much. He was so depressed those last few weeks, and then immediately after. To the point I was concerned enough to talk to our vet. Freddy wouldn't eat! This was huge. I thought Freddy was sick, it was awful. But no, he was depressed because we were.

Back to today...Freddy knows! He is by my side 24/7. To the point that I've almost tripped over him. He just lays by me and wants to be near me. I love it! Dave has noticed it too. So, we talk to Freddy about the baby and tell him that he might have a permanent guest by the end of the year. He just cocks his head and looks at us like we're nuts.

I'm off to watch the Super Bowl commercials and work on my crocheting :)

No comments: