Thursday, February 14, 2008

September 29th?? October 2nd?? 7w3d

Happy Valentines Day to us!!!

What a day! Our ultrasound was at 2pm today, and it was just the best Valentine's Day gift we could have ever received. First, the pregnancy is viable!!! There was a baby, and a heartbeat, and s/he measured at 7W3D. I knew I was only 7-weeks along. It's always so nice when I'm right. This takes a bit of pressure off, however, earlier would be better because I'm in a wedding October 10th, and come hell or high water, I will be in that wedding!

When they were taking the measurements, the doctor asked the technician if she saw one or two sacs. Of course, I was on the edge of my seat hoping like hell she would say two. Of course David was like, "only one, right?" In the end, we have ONE beautiful baby growing in there today and we are thrilled beyond belief.

Immediately after the ultrasound, we met with our counselor and developed our plan. I am so excited that we actually have a plan!!!! I need to make some appointments tomorrow for the beginning of March, and then again mid-March. Words cannot describe our excitement.

I did ask the counselor if she thought our doctor would let me be induced a few weeks early, for the sake of my friends wedding, and she said "probably not. They prefer babies to bake as long as possible". I know it's a stretch, and probably horribly wrong to even ask, but I will. And know that I at least asked.

At this rate, it looks like we will be able to share our joy the week of March 24th. That's almost six-weeks from now....and I'm sure I'll be busting at the seems, but I'm planning to hold out that long. It will be worth the wait.

I'll post the pictures of the bean soon. It's kind of a zoomed in picture. At our March 18th appointment, she said we would get a really good picture, so that's cool :)

No comments: