OK. So, our first appointment has been moved up to February 12th at 10:00 AM. I was really liking the idea of having it on Valentine's Day, but then we had to move it up to accommodate another doctor appointment on Valentine's Day. Priorities.
According to the nurse on the phone, she said that I am 7-weeks, not 6-weeks. While that's great in terms of shaving off an extra week...it requires some things to happen sooner then I expected. Needless to say, I spent 45-minutes on the phone today updating appointments. I'm still a bit panicked by getting everything ready for our week 10 testing.
All things considered, with the extra week under our belt, I may be able to share the good news in conjunction with my 30th birthday party. Wouldn't that be great!? I can not think of a better gift for David and me.
I shouldn't plan though. I've been burned by that. I have such a blessing and a curse with knowing dates, and paying attention to things like that. For example, when I look at coupons, I think about how far along I’ll be when they expire. NERD! I made that mistake before.
It’s really a catch 22. I remember we talked about this in the summer, about what we would do differently. And we said we wouldn’t change anything because there was nothing that we could have done to prevent Angela’s problems. So, I’m going to hold true to that with one exception…and that is holding off on telling our families.
I really am just trying to hold on to the fact that there is nothing we can do to change what is growing in my belly. And by the way, I think we’re having a GIRL! However, I’m being good.
So, if I’m 6-weeks (according to my stats) here’s what’s going on in my body this week.
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.See what's going on in your uterus this week.
If I’m 7-weeks (according to nurse Kelly) here’s what’s going on in my body this week.
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.See what's going on in your uterus this week.
A HUGE Nine Year Before and After Home Tour!
-
Nine year before and after home tour {SO many DIYs!}
It has been NINE years of fun do-it-yourself projects and decor in our
home! If you're a long time fo...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment