Sunday, October 5, 2008

No More Bili-Blues & Pictures

Well, after four consecutive days of having his little tootsies pricked, Danny has beat the Bili-Blues. His levels went down enough that he no longer requires the bili-blanket. We'll be taking him back at the end of the week to have everything checked again. On a positive note, he is one ounce short of his birth weight. Not surprising since all he does is EAT! Even the doctor was impressed, especially since he is breastfed and not formula fed. At the rate this kid goes, he's going to need a treadmill to burn some of it off!

He seriously eats and poops all day long. Last night I about died laughing because I was feeding him while we were laying on the couch downstairs. Dave went to squeeze his little thigh, and could not have timed it better with a giant WET poop and loud gas. Dave jumped a foot in the air. It was really funny.

We finally gave him his first bath at home yesterday. Boy did he need it! Aunt Tasha and Emily drove out to give us a hand. We were a little nervous :)

I have developed a new nickname for the baby..."Shit Monkey". I know it doesn't sound nice, but since he's been my little monkey for months, and now he poops a ton, I thought the new name was appropriate. I also think he's a vampire. Last night he was up ALL NIGHT and didn't stop eating! After a certain point, I don't think he could have even been getting anything. He is a little breast man. I am definitely going to have to take a nap today in order to keep up with this crazy routine. I'm hoping he works his days and nights out soon. He does make it hard to be mad because he's so stinking cute. Especially when he is so frantic to eat, and then has just a little and passes out drunk.

Here are some pictures of our little angel....
This is Danny under the bili-blanket.

One week old!!!! 10/04/2008

Of course at 8:00 am he sleeps!

Now if only I could get the same picture at 3:00 am.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your 'passes out drunk' is hysterical! Funny Funny!