Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Holy Hef-A-Lump!!!

Today was Danny's One Month Appointment. I have been anxiously awaiting this as I've been dying to know how much he weighs. Well, my assumptions were accurate...his new nickname is PIGLET! He officially weighs 10 lbs 10 oz, which is a weight gain of exactly 2.5 lbs since he was born.

For an explanation on this phenomenon...please read the "Happy Cows Come From Lyndhurst" post. Even better is that it seems as he gains weight, I'm losing weight! I got on the scale last Saturday after a two-week hiatus, and I had lost just over 3 lbs. I am fascinated by this because not only does piglet eat like a champ, his mother has an insatiable appetite. I mean, it is RIDICULOUS how hungry I get because of breastfeeding! And I am not always making the healthiest decisions. I have almost single handedly eaten a bag of Oreos in a week. Sometimes 4-6 cookies a day! It's crazy.

I will not deny that I am damn proud of my piglet. He is nursing like a champ. He takes a bottle like a champ. He loves his pacifier. And today, he had a shot, and cried for *maybe* 30-seconds. I am definitely a proud mama.

I am hoping that his weight gain will give me "Bridget" arms. If anyone knows my coworker Bridget, she has the best toned arms, and she attributes it to lifting her children. I like to refer to mine as "bat wings" and last week they were pretty sore...one step closer to my arm idols.

Now that Danny is one month old, we have to start something called "Tummy Time". Four times a day for 15-minutes each time, he has to lay on his belly. This is supposed to help strengthen his upper body and neck. When I put him down, he didn't like it. Not one bit. He screamed for the first 7-9 minutes. Then calmed down a bit. Then fell a sleep. I have a series of pictures that I'll post to reflect his mood. It did seem to work though. He managed to switch his head from side to side twice, and he used his arms (while flailing) to lift his head. We'll see how round two goes after his nap. While he was having a fit, he worked out some gas and took a nice big poop. Another proud moment.

My pregnant friend Anmarie is due tomorrow. Please send her some *labor dust* and prayers for a safe and healthy delivery. So far, she's not feeling anything...We are hoping that changes soon. She is anxiously waiting to meet her little boy, and so are we!

No comments: