Monday, October 20, 2008

How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You...

For some reason, I've had this song in my head all weekend. Friday night, Dave and I were sitting on the couch catching up on the day, when it occurred to me that Saturday was Sweetest Day. I remembered this all week because of the commercials...but I opted not to do anything for it, assuming Dave wouldn't remember. So I told him that Saturday was Sweetest Day, and that I purposely didn't do anything, etc. He seemed genuinely relieved. So I said "Deal" and he said "Deal" back. This locked in the fact that we would not be celebrating Sweetest Day.


In years past, Dave and I did this stuff...or more I did, so Dave stayed on his A-Game and reciprocated. But lately, it seems silly. We do so much for each other and together all year, that we've kind of moved away from celebrating Valentine's Day, Sweetest Day and our Anniversary with gifts and cards. We've become that couple that uses a new household purchase to qualify as the gift that will keep giving all year...ie, no Christmas gifts this year because we bought a wicked camera.

Anyhow, I woke up Saturday morning, and Dave had already left to run errands. There on the kitchen counter was a note with some gifts that said "Happy Sweetest Day Mom! - Danny". One gift was a picture frame that says "My Heart Belongs to Mommy" and a beautiful locket necklace. My husband is the best. Of course, I felt like a slouch. He tricked me!

I know I've mentioned this in previous posts, but Dave is a natural father. He has been the best. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I expected it all along. It still melts my heart to see it in action though. He loves giving Danny his last feeding every night. This task requires me to pump enough for the little piglet to eat. And even though pumping isn't really "fun", I don't mind because I look forward to watching Dave give him the bottle. He's the best burper too. I don't know how he does it, but he always manages a good one!

Being loved, feeling loved and seeing that love everyday is honestly the best. It might sound sappy, but we are so lucky to have each other.
Danny's First Bottle
10/06/2008
The kid took it like a champ!

No comments: