Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CRAP-TASTIC & Other Randomness

In a previous post, I called Danny Shit Monkey. He is not only well deserving of the nickname, but he has also become Mr. CRAP-TASTIC! I swear, I should buy him a cape to go with this super hero bodily functions.

He is ensuring that I get my exercise by changing him multiple times a day and having to walk and throw his diapers out. It's fantastic.

Speaking of exercise, I went running for the first time yesterday. I managed to go .25 miles without stopping...and if you were driving past me, you might not consider it running...but it was running to me. Overall, my walk was 2.5 miles yesterday. I'm working on trying to get out there and get rid of my J-Lo bootie. The plan is to hook the Wii Fit up tonight which should also get me moving.

I got on the scale Saturday, as I had planned, two weeks after the baby. Fortunately, it was not mean to me. I definitely have my work cut out, but I was relieved. However, because of the two pregnancies, I've decided to work towards the first ones pre-pregnancy weight, otherwise, a great wardrobe of pants will go to waste.

What a difference a year makes! A year ago this past Sunday, we ran the Towpath Half Marathon. Running that race was my goal to get back in shape after having Angela. While I never got back to my pre-pregnancy size, I did manage to run 11 of the 13.1 miles without stopping! That is pretty awesome (for me). My next racing goal is the Cleveland Half Marathon on May 17th. Since I know I was able to do 11-miles without stopping, I would love to finish the whole thing this year without stopping. We'll see!


We picked out Danny's Halloween costume! It is already hanging in his room :) He is going to be the cutest little Chili Pepper ever. That is a picture of the target advertisement.


I am off to plant some tulips today and also plan to take a few pictures of my handsome little shit monkey.

More later...

No comments: