I'll post some pictures of him today that I took yesterday during a bath. He is a turkey. When I put him in the tub, he looked like he had rubberbands around his thighs. At an appointment Monday, he weighed in at a hefty 12lbs 12oz. Yowsers! The woman called him a "little Buddah". I'll take that as a compliment.
His two month appointment is tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see what he weighs then and what the doctor has to say. He's getting four shots tomorrow, so I'm anticipating he'll be crabby. That's ok. Poor little guy, I've already got the Infant Tylenol packed.
I've been thinking about some of my favorite baby things and must haves. Here's a list I've compiled so far.
- A partner. I have a whole new respect for single parents! Without David's help I would be a frazzled crazy person. Because of the nursing, there's still a lot on me in the feeding department, but everything else is so nice to share. Even just ideas on how to do things. Babies don't come with manuals and each day is adventure. I'm so grateful I don't have to do this on my own.
- Carters Fleece PJ's with a ZIPPER! Very quickly I learned that pajamas with buttons are for the birds. I immediately returned/exchanged all unused pairs for Carters fleece PJ's with a zipper. These are so much easier to deal with in the middle of the night.
- Baby video monitor. This is the best. I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to see him. This is on my bed stand and I love to watch him fall asleep. I also know when he's about to lose it if his paci falls out.
- Baby Bjorn. Without this, I would not be able to do some very simple tasks around the house. When he is fussy and won't nap or hang out in his bouncer, this is a no brainer to get him to sleep. It also doubles as a great way to sleep all night and know that I won't roll on him. Sounds unconventional, but sleep is sleep.
- AT&T Uverse Total Home DVR. We have five TV's in our house and now I can watch my DVR'd shows on all of them! This is fabulous for when I'm pumping or nursing in whatever room we happen to crash in. I can get caught up on all of my CW cheese ball shows (One Tree Hill, 90210, etc) while Dave is at work and then we can watch our "together" shows at night. Works out great. Plus, you can pause a show in one room and pick up where you left off in another. This is a great invention!
- Bouncer. This bouncer goes every where with me during the day. I bring it to the bathroom when he's up and I need to shower and blow my hair dry. It sits on our kitchen table while we eat dinner. It moves into the family room or basement when we watch TV. It's a nifty little contraption, although the animal bar does not entertain him at all.
- Nursing Tanks. Really, I wish I had a few more of these. They're great to sleep in. However, now that it is FREEZING in Cleveland, I'm in the market for a Nursing Sweatshirt. I think that would be great! I need to see if they even make those.
- Made By Moms Pumping Band. This allows me to pump hands free. It's fabulous! Now, I can read books and I plan to start crocheting again.
- Infant Seat Cover. This isn't the one we have, but it's similar in style. It's so nice not to have to bundle him in jackets and then buckle him in. This makes running out the door much easier. I just throw a blanket over his face when we're outside. And of course I keep a hat on him. My friend told me she bought one like this which actually has a flap to cover his face so you don't need to carry a blanket. If you're in the market, look for that.
- Pacifier Pod. This has come in super handy. It's attached to his diaper bag and always carries two extra pacifiers. That way if he launches one onto a dirty floor when we're out and about (see Portrait Innovations post), I've always got a spare and I don't have to rifle through my bag to find it.
Well, that's it. My top ten items for right now. I'm sure I'll be adding more down the line.

No comments:
Post a Comment