So the sleeping is getting better. Danny seems to have slept the majority of the last two days. It seems as though he's going through a growth spurt or something. Of course, he'll sleep all day (I do wake him so I can feed him) and then want to be up at night. Not a big shock there. However, it seems that when he eats at night, he gets reflux and proceeds to grunt all night.Last night after his 9:30 feeding, I kept him up (vertical) in either a sitting position or over my shoulder for 30-minutes (recommended by some magazine). Dave walked him around. Nothing seemed to make him comfortable. He wasn't crying, just fussing and grunting like he had to to clear his throat of flem. Finally, I threw the Baby Bjorn on, and he was out like a light. So, that's how we slept last night. All bundled in the Bjorn.
Rinse and repeat at 1:45 am this morning. I tried the same thing. Eat, hold upright for 30-minutes, etc. I tried the crib, but that was out. Finally at 3:00 am, I snapped on the Bjorn, and he was out like a like. This time, he was still grunting a lot, so we slept on the couch.
At 6:30, Dave took the baby and I crawled into bed. Dave tried to get him in the crib. No luck. He changed him for me, and then brought him to the bedroom before he left for the gym. Dave was shutting the door leaving the house when BOOM...Dirty Diaper. Then again about a minute later. Awesome.
So, we're up. Hopefully, he won't sleep all day and he'll sleep all night. We have a field trip to work today so I can get my flu shot.
If you don't know what a Bjorn is, here is a picture. Of course, I do NOT look like the female version of this J.Crew model at 2:00 am.

No comments:
Post a Comment