Monday, November 17, 2008

The Big "M"

I'm tired today. Daniel (I'm trying to sound like the stern mom) was a handful. He didn't want to nap, and only wanted to be held. Needless to say, during his 5-minute cat naps when I did set him down, I ran around trying to do just a few things....like eat lunch. Today was not an easy day.

He's sleeping in his bed which is a good thing. But he's only sleeping for 2.5 hours at a time. So much for the night we scored a 5-hour span. Victory that he's in bed, misery for the frequency that I'm still getting up.

Not to mention that last Friday, out of the clear blue sky, I developed a bout of mastitis. Don't know what that is? Lucky you. It's a very uncomfortable breast infection that comes on very quickly and in addition to having a really sore chest, you feel like you have the flu. I woke up with a temperature of 101! Fortunately, my doctor called in a prescription for me. It is 4-pills a day for 10-days! 40-friggin' pills! David came home from work and took Danny over to his parents and worked from their house. I was able to sleep uninterrupted. I had crazy dreams. CRAZY dreams. Sarah G. on Chantix dreams ;) The mastitis was so painful that it was hard to hold Danny at all on Friday. Dave was awesome! He was up with me at night helping feed him the bottle while I had to pump. We're a good team.

And then it was Sunday again. I swear, sometimes I feel like I live in the movie Ground Hogs Day. It always seems like it's Sunday, and I'm putting my vitamins and Freddy's pills together for the week. Packing lunches and doing laundry. Then boom, it's Friday before you know it! Time is flying.

1 comment:

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hey Susie! I nominated you for a Kreativ blogger award! Check out my blog for more details!